Interact is a club for young people ages 12-18 who want to join together to tackle the issues in their community that they care most about. Through Interact, you can:
- Carry out hands-on service projects
- Make international connections
- Develop leadership skills
- Have fun!
HOW DOES AN INTERACT CLUB CREATE POSITIVE CHANGE?
Every Interact club carries out two service projects a year: one that helps your school or community and one that promotes international understanding.
Service projects are an effective way for you to take action at home and abroad, connect with other young leaders, and get members excited about your club. You can find ideas and tips for successful projects in the Interact Handbook.
HOW DO I JOIN AN INTERACT CLUB?
First, ask your friends or a guidance counselor if there’s already an Interact club at your school. Look online for local Interact clubs in your community. You can also contact a local Rotary club to find out if they sponsor an Interact club.
Interact clubs meet at least twice a month. Contact the club to find out about its next meeting, service project, or social event.
If you want to learn more about Interact, watch “Students Making a Difference,” the 2012 Interact Video Contest grand-prize winner, or any of the other entries to see how young people, like you, are changing the world through Interact.
WHAT IF THERE ISN’T AN INTERACT CLUB IN MY SCHOOL OR COMMUNITY?
You can start one! Contact a local Rotary club to learn how to start your own Interact club. You can find everything you need to organize and manage a club in the Interact Handbook. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- A sponsor Rotary club to provide support and partnership
- An adviser from your sponsor club
- A faculty adviser (if it’s a school-based club) to serve as a liaison between your sponsor Rotary club and the school administration
- Strong club leaders to help organize your club, grow your membership, and carry out successful projects.
Celebrate your club’s global impact by getting involved in:
- World Interact Week
- Interact Video Contest
Follow Interact on Facebook and YouTube to find more opportunities to get involved.
RESOURCES & REFERENCE
- Interact Handbook
- Interact promotional card (PDF)
- Interact Club Certification Form
- Standard Interact Club Constitution and Bylaws
- Interact Statement of Policy
- Interact identification card
- Young Leaders in Action newsletter
- Youth Travel Excerpts Reference – Rotary Code of Policies
- Interact: Make a Difference (France, India, USA)
- Josh’s Choice: Volunteer, Travel, or Lead
- Interact video contest winners
- Locate a Rotary club with Club Finder
- Check our discussion groups
- Update your club and membership data
Questions? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.